We want to ensure that Poly/ML is as widely used as possible. We have drawn up a licence agreement which encourages use while ensuring that improvements to the software are made available to everyone. Please read this licence and click on the Accept button at the bottom if you are happy to accept it.
Before downloading Poly/ML you must read and agree to the licence below. If you are downloading this in order to make it available to others, for example to install it on a server at your University or place of work, you agree that everyone who has use of Poly/ML will abide by this licence.
SOFTWARE LICENCE FOR COMPUTER LANGUAGE TRANSLATION PROGRAM POLY/ML FOR
CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY TECHNICAL SERVICES LIMITED (registered number 01069886) (formerly Lynxvale Limited) whose registered office is at The Old Schools, Cambridge CB2 1TS
IMPORTANT -- READ CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SOFTWARE: This Licence Agreement for Poly/ML ("Licence Agreement") is a legal agreement between you, either an individual or an entity ("the Licensee") and Cambridge University Technical Services Limited and its suppliers and licensors (collectively "the Licensor") for the computer language translation program Poly/ML. You may install a copy of the Software and may use it only in accordance with and to the extent allowed by the terms and conditions of this License Agreement. By clicking on the "Accept" button, installing, copying or otherwise so using the Software, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Licence Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Licence Agreement, click on the "Cancel" button and/or do not install the Software. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE PROGRAM ACKNOWLEDGES THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS LICENCE, UNDERSTAND IT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1. The Licensor grants to the Licensee a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use the Software, with the right to grant sub-licences, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
2. The copyright and other intellectual property rights of whatever nature in the Software are and shall remain the property of the Licensor.
3. In this Agreement "Software" means all versions of the computer language translation program Poly/ML but not including any Improvements (as hereinafter defined by Clause 4) to such Software licensed to the Licensor pursuant to Clause 5.
4. The copyright and other intellectual property rights of whatever nature in any improvements, enhancements or modifications to the source code of the Software or which necessitate access to the source code of the Software in order to be compiled into a functioning binary form and which are made by the Licensee ("the Improvements") shall vest in and be and remain the property of the Licensee.
5. The Licensee grants to the Licensor in good faith a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use any Improvements with the right to grant sub-licences to any existing or future licensees of the Software.
6. The Licensor shall be bound to grant sub-licenses of the Improvements on being requested so to do by any existing or future Licensee of the Software. The Improvements shall promptly be made available by the Licensee to the Licensor and by the Licensor to any sub-licensee. Such Improvements shall be made available to a degree of detail sufficient for the purposes of the license granted under clause 5 or as required by the Licensor.
7. Any licence or sub-licence granted by either the Licensor or the Licensee of the Software and/or the Improvements shall contain provisions that reflect the provisions of this Agreement with any changes necessary to give the arrangements efficacy.
8. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE LICENSOR AND ANY CONTRIBUTING LICENSEES "AS IS" AND ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LICENSOR OR ANY CONTRIBUTING LICENSEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) OR OTHERWISE ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EXCLUDING ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE LICENSOR OR ANY CONTRIBUTING LICENSEES.
9. This Agreement is governed by and is to be construed in accordance with English law.
Last updated: 08 February 2002 by David Matthews.